5 Kitchen Additions that Make Life Easier: Smart Appliances, Handy Gadgets, Meal Prep and More!
If one of your 2023 goals is to spruce up your kitchen, this is the perfect time to get going.
The start of the year is great for getting rid of the old and bringing in the new. Plus, “spring cleaning” season is only a few months away, and nobody says you can’t jump the gun a little and get started with your home improvements today.
There are more and more amazing items available that can make life in the kitchen better, as well as more organized, efficient, and convenient. Whether you spend a lot of time there or pass through on the way to other rooms, there are plenty of fun solutions for additions.
Who knows? With help from Diamond Kitchen & Bath, an experienced provider of kitchen additions, you can have this space looking better and functioning better in no time, making it easy to want to spend more time there.
Some of the useful items include:
- Custom-shaped cabinets. If your cabinets were already there when you moved in, or you started with standard sizes, they’re likely still in place. But kitchen supply experts have created different sizes and shapes of cabinets that can make your kitchen more noticeable. Besides choosing a shape that appeals to you, you can also pick the wood, colors, and accessories to fit the look and feel of the kitchen you’re trying to create.
- Lazy Susan. This kitchen addition makes being lazy into a positive. It’s a storage space that spins. It can be handy to instantly create more space in a cupboard or cabinet, and prevent you from having to dig too deep. It also can be used at the kitchen table or kitchen island during happy hour to make it easier for anyone sitting on any side to spin and get whatever item they wanted.
- Splash guard. This newer product has made many people say “Why didn’t they come out with this sooner?” Essentially, it’s a silicon product that fits over the sink or at least the faucet area. It’s designed to catch all your splashes. It cuts down on wear and tear from water on a hard-to-clean area and is easy to clean.
- Recessed panels. Modern kitchen owners sometimes face a dilemma – they want everything they need accessible, but they don’t necessarily need to see it the rest of the time. Think bigger appliances like toasters, mixers or coffee makers. Sure, you can get them in matching colors, but another way is to add options to conceal them – maybe they can be slipped into a recessed panel and then can easily be pulled up.
- Utility tray. Along the same lines, not everyone likes seeing kitchen sponges or cleaning tools sitting on or around the sink. This is a good way for them to pick up or spread germs. Instead, consider a pull-out tray in front of the sink for these types of tools. It keeps them out of sight and is easy to keep clean.
To learn more about these and all sorts of other clever and creative kitchen additions to help your home’s style, visit Diamond Kitchen & Bath. Once you find what you like or some ideas, contact us for an easy consultation and quote.